Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2009 Domane Wachau Federspiel Terrassen Gruner Veltliner Wine Review

2009 Domane Wachau Federspiel Terrassen Gruner Veltliner Wine Review
I’m a relative novice when it comes to wine evaluation and tasting so no making fun ;0) As a wine newbie I’m always exploring something new, whether it’s a new grape, winery, or region. I’ve found this is the best way to expand my knowledge base and to branch out of my comfort zone. Knowing nothing about Austrian wine, the Gruner Veltliner (or GruVe if you want to be super cool) from Domane Wachau was a delightful surprise.

The first thing I noticed was how clear the wine looked as well as the spicy aromas of black and green pepper. My first impression was the soft rich texture. The first sip was fantastic. It was full bodied and crisp with hints of green apple and peach. There was a tight medium finish with grapefruit. The wine would have been better served (pun intended) if it was accompanied by a meal than by itself. Overall, the wine was well balanced in terms of its sweetness, acidity, and level of alcohol. You’ll be glad you gave this bottle a chance.

4 out of 5 corks

Original Review at: http://blog.wine.com/post/Staff-Pick-2009-Domane-Wachau-Federspiel-Terrassen-Gruner-Veltliner.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cork Dork - Blogged